Along with all the presents and Christmas spirit, comes influenza and small colds. While the two circulate year round, most of the time flu activity peaks between December and February, but activity can last as late as May.
In January 2018, AHS started giving out pink “attendance slips.” These slips were given out to student who missed less than five class periods over a span of two weeks. Absent rates have dropped significantly during the last weekof November and the first week of December. Here is this years attendance slip chart:
Here is last years attendance chart:
In order to prevent this from happening, here are six very useful tips:
1. Get a flu shot. It is the number 1 thing you can do to prevent the flu.
2. Wash your hands — a lot.
3. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
4. Avoid being near other people who are sick.
5. Keep your surroundings clean.
6. Keep up a healthy lifestyle.